Sort By :
As you plan the next stage of your academic life, you may be thinking why earn an MBA in Europe? Why is it considered one of the best places to study abroad? There are several benefits to studying in Europe, ranging from enhancing employment prospects to developing diverse skill sets, to getting a more focused education. Here are ReachIvy’s top reasons:
1) Shorter Duration – Many MBA programs in Europe are 12 to 18 months long, as opposed to the standard two-year commitment required to study in other geographic locations. This surely plays an important role in your decision making process, as it not only means lowered tuition costs but also translates to a significantly lower opportunity cost, as you can get back into the workforce faster. Schools like ESADE in Spain also give you the flexibility to choose between 12, 15 and 18 month programs, so it is easier to find a program that works best for you.
2) Diverse Faculty and Student Body – On campus, you will be engaging with students from around the world. MBA programs at European schools are particularly diverse, where as many as 80 to 90 percent of students are international, and represent up to 35 to 40 countries. Faculty at these schools also tends to be more international . The multi-cultural environment will teach you how to think outside the box, expose you to different ideas and points of view, increase your ability to adapt, and will also significantly shape your leadership style. In addition to the breadth of experience that will inform your learning within the classroom, interactions with friends and classmates from all walks of life, outside the classroom will provide you with a truly global outlook.
3) A More Experienced Cohort – A number of European programs attract applicants that have had significant work experience. Students in European MBA classrooms tend to be senior and more experienced, and this leads to a stronger quality of peer-to-peer learning in a classroom setting. Additionally, European MBA programs focus heavily on attracting students with international work experience to be able to effectively contribute to their diverse and experienced cohorts. If you have a similar professional background, an MBA from a European school will fit you well.
4) Increased Foreign Language Proficiency – The best way for you to learn or improve your foreign language skills is to immerse yourself in a city or country where it is widely spoken. Most European business schools use English as their primary language of instruction, but they also offer accelerated language courses, and the opportunity to interact with native speakers within the classroom as well as in the city at large. Fluency in Spanish, for instance, will also enhance your job prospects with multinational companies that have a presence in Spanish-speaking countries.
5) Access to Global Network – European MBA programs provide an incredible platform for you to network not only within the setting of a multicultural classroom, but also with other students and professors on campus, as well as a global network of institutional alumni. These connections you make have the potential of being your life long friends, future business partners, co-founders, investors, mentors, employers and so much more. These connections will be particularly valuable if you know you want to live and work in Europe after you graduate, because it gives you the opportunity to directly engage with future employers while at business school.
An MBA in Europe may not be the right stepping stone for everyone. It is important that you spend time to reflect, undertake a complete assessment and identify specifically why an MBA in Europe is for you. When it’s a right fit, it can provide you with the relevant networks, skill sets and advancement you need to take your career to the next level.
ReachIvy sincerely hopes that this article serves as a critical tool to increase your knowledge base. For study abroad consultation or career counselling with ReachIvy, Submit a Query now! Also, review our resources section to access our free premium content.
TO ACCESS OUR PREMIUM CONTENT AND REACH YOUR EDUCATION & CAREER GOALS